Job Title: Senior Instructor – (Contracting, Acquisition, Program Management, Telework and related topics)
This position involves the development and presentation of one or more courses in the areas of: federal contracting, acquisition, program management, telework and related subjects. Each course will range from 1-5 days in length and be targeted to federal government employees and government contractors appropriate to the topic and level of instruction. All courses will rigorously conform to FAI/DAU course content guidelines and Government Training Inc. course content guidance.
The instructor will have limited pre and post course presentation discovery with registered students to determine special interests, learning needs, etc.
This is a part-time position with possible expansion to full-time.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides educational instruction in assigned subject/topic areas
- Provides instruction that produces educational improvements for all assigned students as measured by student post instruction evaluations.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to DAU, FAI, OFPP, OMB and GAO related policies and directives that impact the subject matter being taught.
- The instructor will create presentation materials, case studies, break-out group tasks, supplemental materials with a bias to electronic format. The instructor will warrant that the materials used in all training are either publicly available or personal work product of the instructor. (Government Training Inc will duplicate for each course.) The instructor will update instructional materials with current information from DAU, FAI, OFPP, OMB and GAO as it related to the course subject being presented.
The instructor will have a proven ability to demonstrate consistent excellence in training based on student evaluations of …
- Knowledge of the Subject
- Ability to instruct – Quality of instruction
- Ability to maintain student interest
- Responsiveness to student inquiries
Training will be held at the Government Training Inc. corporate offices and training center located at the Willard Center, 1455 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20004. The Government Training Inc training center is a modern training facility with Class-A training room, ergonomic seating, electronics, on-site business and registration support, large student rest area for breaks and lunch, Starbucks Coffee, CNN during breaks and national newspapers in break room. High speed Internet access is provided.
Out of town travel will be limited and optional.
(Please identify any other course you feel would supplement this list and for which there is federal demand)
- Advanced Contract Administration
- COR COTR - Advanced
- COR COTR - Refresher
- Basic Contract Administration
- COR COTR - 40 Hours
- Cost Estimating
- Federal Appropriations Law - GAO - (Redbook) Managers Update
- Federal Appropriations Law - GAO - (Redbook)
- Government Contract Law
- Intro to FAR
- Market Research
- Negotiating Techniques
- Performance Based Contracting and Work Statements
- Best Value Contracting
- Performance Accountability
- Procurement Ethics
- Project Management
- Purchase Card Buys
- R&D Contracting
- Source Selection
Course Length – Scheduling
Each course will run 1-5 days in length depending on subject matter and consistent with DAU/FAI course content guides. The candidate will be required to schedule one full year out. Typical presentation multiples for each course are three times a year plus two in-house courses presented at customer site. These may vary depending on course topic. (There may be travel required for customer site presentations)